Are you a junior or senior transfer student at UCSB? Do you have a research project that would benefit from funding support? Consider applying for the new Transfer Student Research Award, which provides funding for qualifying research related expenses over Spring, Summer, and Fall quarters, 2016.
The deadline for proposals for this award is March 1st, 2016.
To be eligible for the Transfer Student Research Award, you must:
- Be a UCSB undergraduate transfer student admitted as a junior.
- Be in good academic standing and remain so throughout the funding period.
- Be currently engaged in a research project, or planning to initiate one. (Grants are NOT awarded retroactively for completed projects.)
- Identify a faculty member who is willing to supervise your project before applying. (You will need to obtain a letter of support from this possible mentor. The letter should be submitted as a part of your grant application. Your faculty mentor must be a member of the Academic Senate. You can view the membership list at the Academic Senate website: https://senate.ucsb.edu/about/membership/)
- Have not already received funding via an Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (URCA) grant for the current year.
If accepted, students will be required to present a poster on their project objectives and results once the project is complete. Graduating senior transfer students should be prepared to present in June 2016; continuing transfer students will present in January 2017. Specific details of the presentation requirements will be announced at a future date.
See the Transfer Student Research Award page for the full details on eligibility, proposal requirements, and the submission process.