Facebook: Los Curanderos
Los Curanderos is a pre-health organization established in the 1970’s. We are dedicated to helping underserved communities and underrepresented students through community service and social activism. We aim to diversify the health field and inform students of the many opportunities there are to thrive in the medical field. It is a student-run organization, and we also serve as a support group. During our weekly meetings, health professionals serve as guest speakers and literature on professional schools is provided. We strive to give back to the community by participating in community service events. Other events include blood drives, medical school conferences, and our own annual “Healing Our Communities” conference.
Opportunities/Perks of Joining:
- Networking opportunities with health professionals
- Useful information on research opportunities, classes, test taking skills, and study skills
- We provide internship opportunities
- Attend health conferences
- Leadership experience: anyone can run for a position to become a board member
- Can participate in our mentor/mentee program
- Can meet other people with the same interests, goals, and career paths
- Various community service opportunities ?