Upcoming Informational Sessions:
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | 3:00 - 4:00 pm North Hall 1115
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 | 3:00 - 4:00 pm Transfer Student Center
- Tuesday April 17, 2018 | 2:00- 3:00 pm Transfer Student Center
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 | 2:00- 3:00pm North Hall 1115
- Monday, April 23, 2018 | 11:00 am- 12:00 pm Transfer Student Center
- Friday, April 27, 2018 | 10:00 - 11:00 am North Hall 1115
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 | 10:00 - 11:00 am North Hall 1115
- Friday, May 4, 2018 | 12:00-1:00 pm Transfer Student Center
Placements are tailored to students’ interests, skills and background. Below are some representative placements. More (PDF)
- Assembly Health Committee
- California Commission on Women
- California Arts Council
- Department of Conservation
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Office of the Governor
- Senate Committee on International Trade
- San Francisco Chronicle
New! Health-related internships: Click here to view a complete list.
UCCS Application Form Please note that information requested on this form is needed for program administration and reporting purposes, as well as to communicate efficiently with you, the applicant. Be assured that any personal data you provide will be used in accordance with the policies governing student confidentiality.
Required Application Materials
If you want to apply to the UCCS Program, you will need to complete the application form and supply the following documents:
- Completed UCCS Application Form
- A personal essay. This is an important aspect of your application. It will be evaluated for content, style, and general mastery of the English language. Additionally, the essay will serve as your writing sample when you apply to prospective intern employers. For this reason, do not write about one particular agency with whom you would like to work. Full instructions for the personal essay can be found within the UCCS Application Form.
- A resume. Full instructions can be found within the UCCS Application Form.
- Transcripts. The campus coordinator in the UCCS office will obtain your unofficial UCSB transcripts. If you are a transfer or EAP Reciprocity student who has attended UCSB for less than two quarters, you will be required to submit unofficial transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended.
- Faculty Endorsement Form & two references. All applicants are required to submit a “faculty endorsement form” and two supplemental references. The two (2) references should be distinct from the faculty endorsement and should include the reference’s name, phone, email, address, and a brief description of his/her familiarity with your work and/or academic experience. Examples of appropriate references are professors, teaching assistants, high school teachers, a coach or supervisor of an extracurricular activity, or a supervisor at a part-time job. Please attach these references to your application along with your filled-out faculty endorsement form.
- Before you submit your application form, visit the Registrar’s Office and your department’s office to obtain the appropriate signatures (as indicated on the form). If you have questions, please contact ucdc@Ltsc.ucsb.edu.
- Submit your application form in hard copy format to the UCCS Campus Administrator at the address listed below.
UCCS Program Attn: Jacob LaViolet, Library 1576 (ground floor Oceanside) North Hall University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106-2085
- Please send the following materials electronically to ucdc@Ltsc.ucsb.edu:
- Personal Essay